Together we talk and share!

05 June 2011

Recipe: Home Cooked Spaghetti

Hello ladies! Today I wish to tell you how to make a simple yet delicious spaghetti!!!

This recipe was taught by my mom and trust me, it is very easy! Although it is easy, I do not purely depend on the commercial sauce but with some additional ingredients on top of that. ;)


Let's go straight to the point - the ingredients. The ingredients needed are: -
For the sauce:
1. Prego Pasta Sauce
2. Cooking oil ( I used vegetable oil)
3. Fresh tomatoes (chopped)
4. Minced garlic and onion
5. Sliced Mushroom (any type to your preference :) )
6. Tuna chunks (ayam brand or TC boy)
6. Dried Oregano 
7. Parmesan Cheese
8. Salt, pepper, sugar and chicken stock powder.

For the pasta: 
1. Spaghetti Pasta
2. Olive oil
3. Salt
4. Dried Oregano

I would usually prepare the pasta first before making the sauce. ;) Just boil the water with cooking oil and salt in it; salt is to add some flavor to the pasta and the oil is to keep each pasta separately. Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes. Always taste the pasta from time to time to get the best texture that you like! For me, I prefer something not too soft and not too hard :p. Once the pasta is ready, set aside with some dried oregano and olive oil. :)


Now comes to making the sauce.


Stir-fry the prepared garlic and onions until they turn into golden colour. Then add in the mushroom and fresh tomatoes. Slowly cook until the tomatoes are soft. Once the tomatoes are soft, add in the tuna chunks.


After a while, add in Prego pasta sauce, chicken stock powder and any herbs that you like. For me I use oregano. You may add some water if you find the sauce too dry. But, remember not to add too much ;) Finally, season it with salt, sugar and pepper :).

Instead of putting the sauce on top of the spaghetti, I prefer to 'cook' them together. What I do is, pour the pasta into the sauce, add some cheese on it and stir for a few seconds before turning off the stove. :) This helps the pasta to absorb the sauce better! Yummy~ Of course, you can do it the other way round. Play around with it!

Now you can serve your spaghetti and enjoy with your love ones ;) Isn't that easy? :) Do not give up if your first trial is not up to your expectation. :) Practice makes perfect!


Have fun and good luck! ;)

Love,
Stephy

No comments:

Post a Comment